More than one IAF official found guilty in accidental firing of missile into Pakistan

The Indian Air Force, in its enquiry, has discovered a couple of official responsible within the case of the “accidental” firing of an armed supersonic missile into Pakistani territory, sources stated, including that extreme motion could be taken towards the individuals discovered responsible.

The enquiry is being performed by Air Vice Marshal R.Ok. Sinha, who’s probing how the missile acquired fired throughout routine upkeep work.

An unarmed supersonic missile “accidently” took off from Sirsa and landed at a spot 124 km inside Pakistani territory on March 9 night. The Indian Defence Ministry had “regretfully” defined it as “a technical malfunction”.

hypersonic missile

The ministry had stated that on March 9, in the middle of routine upkeep, a technical malfunction led to the unintentional firing of a missile.

The Indian authorities has taken a severe view and “ordered a high-level court of enquiry”.

“It is learnt that the missile landed in an area of Pakistan. While the incident is deeply regrettable, it is also a matter of relief that there has been no loss of life due to the accident,” stated the ministry.

PAK warned Delhi

The Pakistan Foreign Ministry had warned New Delhi of “unpleasant consequences” over what it claims was an Indian originated, however unidentified high-altitude supersonic object that crashed in its territory.

It had urged India to take efficient measures to keep away from such violations sooner or later. Pakistan claimed a supersonic missile took off from Sirsa and landed inside Pakistani territory. Cruising at an altitude of 40,000 toes, the missile endangered passenger flights in each Indian and Pakistani airspace, and likewise civilians and property on the bottom, it stated.

Indian intelligence warned of possible attacks


Pakistan had said that at 6.43 p.m. on March 9, a high-speed flying object was picked up inside Indian flying territory by Air Defence Operations Centre of the Pakistani Air Force. From its preliminary course the item abruptly maneuvered in direction of Pakistani territory and violated Pakistan’s airspace finally falling close to Mia Channu.

When it fell, it broken some civilian property nevertheless there was no loss or harm to human life was induced.

Major General Iftikhar stated has “initiated requisite tactical actions in accordance” with the Standard Operating Procedures.

Pakistan had picked up missile at a high-altitude of 40,000 toes and it was touring at a dashing axis of Mach 2.5 and finally Mach 3.

The whole distance it travelled inside Pakistan was 124 km. From the whole flight time of 6 minute 46 seconds until it hit the bottom, it was in Pakistani territory for 3 minutes and 44 seconds.

(With inputs from IANS)

Source hyperlink

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.